Calling all students in Scotland!
Do you have a keen interest in shaping the future of student mental health in Scotland? Would you like to help develop Think Positive’s flagship Student Mental Health Conference next year?
We’re inviting institutions, organisations and researchers interested in student mental health to suggest ideas for either a workshop or a showreel to run on the day…. And now we’re looking for you to help us choose which ones to show! Our conference will be facilitating discussions on the future of student mental health support at a national level in Scotland and we want to ensure that student voices and experiences are at the heart of those conversations.
We are inviting you to give us feedback on either the workshop or the showreel submissions. The workshops will be a 50-minute, activity-based session. The showreels will be a 20-minute overview of a specific project, initiative or campaign.
To avoid any conflicts of interest, if you were to submit an idea for a showreel, you would not be able to sit on the showreel panel. This would also apply for the workshop submissions/panel.
What we would require from you:
- The deadline for the showreel and workshop bids is December 4th. We would send you all applications with a scoring sheet and guidelines by December 6th.
- You would then be invited to attend NUS Scotland offices in Edinburgh on Monday 16th December to share your feedback and vote on the workshops and/or showreels you want to see discussed at next year’s Conference. (Lunch and refreshments will be provided!)
- If you were unable to attend in person on the day, you could attend via Skype, or send along your feedback to be included.
If you are interested, please fill out this form, highlighting why you would like to be involved and the experiences you could bring to the panel discussion.
We encourage applications from the following student groups:
- Students from both colleges and universities in Scotland
- Students with lived experience of mental ill-health
- Part-time students
- Long distance learners
- Students who are rurally based/commute
- BME students
- LGBT+ students
- Students with a disability
- Student carers
- Care-experienced students
This list is not exhaustive.
The deadline for sharing your interest with us is November 18th.